If your old differential is clunking, leaking, on its last leg, or perhaps you're looking for something with more performance, or you just need a differential that can handle more power for your vehicle then KC's Auto Repair in Boulder City, NV has the right solution for you. JASPER® Engines & Transmissions has been "Perfecting the Art of Remanufacturing" for 80 years and is the nation's largest remanufacturer of differential units in the nation. JASPER® remanufactures a complete line of Rear Axle Assemblies and Differentials including Dana, Chrysler, Spicer, Ford, Toyota, and GM for over 500 models and ratios! Other manufacturer's differentials are available with one-day in-plant custom remanufacturing as well!
When it comes to remanufacturing differentials and rear axle assemblies, JASPER® sets the standard. Their state-of-the-art remanufacturing processes ensure that they adhere to the measured standards of the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and remain firmly on the cutting edge when it comes to differential units. Be cautious of purchasing used or junkyard components, as these components may have high mileage and poor maintenance history. This cuts the life of the differential in half and will often cost you more money in the long run. Additionally, used or junkyard components often come from vehicles that were involved in an accident and may have unseen damage.
JASPER® DIFFERENTIAL WARRANTY
3 YEAR | 100,000 MILES Parts & Labor Nationwide - Transferable
JASPER® offers this valuable warranty on our remanufactured rear axle assemblies and differentials because every one of them goes through our extensive "Do It Right" process that ensures worry-free operation.
NOTE. Ambulance, automotive off-highway use, package delivery, police, snow removal, taxi, tow truck, transit bus or any vehicle over 1 ton receive a warranty of 18 Months or 100,000 Miles, whichever occurs first.
JASPER® DIFFERENTIAL PROCESS:
- Complete disassembly
- Thorough cleaning
- Rust stripper
- Final wash
- Critical inspection is given to all areas of housing and gear assemblies
- Inner pinion bearing bore inspection for spin damage, typical of a lubricant-related failure, and miking for conformance to dimensional tolerances
- Miking and visual inspection of the axle end, as well as inner and outer wheel bearing and wheel seal surfaces, for wear and damage
- Gear inspection at multiple points throughout the remanufacturing process
- Inspection of carrier and pilot bearing bores for correct size and roundness to avoid premature bearing failure
ALL NEW PARTS PROVIDED:
- Thrust washers
ASSEMBLY BY HAND WITH MULTIPLE TESTS:
- Pinion bearings are preloaded to specifications
- All gears are lubricated
- Ring and pinion are replaced only in matched sets
- Torquing of all bolts to O.E.M. specifications
- Precise measurement of runout as applicable to differential design due to its influence on adjustments to backlash and the tooth contact pattern. JASPER limits runout to .008 of an inch, with some units requiring specifications as close as .003 of an inch.
- Inspection for correct backlash clearance to assure proper gear lubrication for reduced noise and to avoid overheating, especially in severe-duty applications
- Exact adjustments of tooth contact pattern, within thousandths, for minimum gear noise and reduced fatigue. The contact pattern must meet O.E.M.'s drive and coast-side requirements.
- Gauge block inspection assures correct dimensional tolerances in order to reduce gear noise.
The JASPER® Differential process reflects the high-quality and dedication to customer service that JASPER® has been known for since 1942 which is why we chose to offer their differentials as a solution for our Boulder City drivers.
Talk to our team of expert mechanics about any issues you have with your differential. If your back end needs to be replaced, for whatever reason, trust KC's Auto Repair to do a quality job that you’re guaranteed to be impressed with. Our technicians will always go above and beyond to provide you with the best service you’ll find anywhere. Come see us today!
2-Wheel Drive | 4-Wheel Drive Rear JASPER® Differentials
Through JASPER® Engines & Transmissions, we are able to offer a complete line of full-float and semi-float rear-wheel drive differentials for Dana/Spicer, Dodge, Ford, GM, RAM, and even Isuzu, Mercedes, Nissan, and Toyota truck applications – up to 2 tons. We have found their high-quality process exceptional for providing consistent quality and reliable performance. That process includes:
- Housings are checked for straightness and if necessary are straightened with an industrial-grade press.
- Bearings are preloaded to OEM specifications for longer bearing life, smooth operation, and a proper break-in.
- Loctite® is applied to bearing races to ensure maximum securement.
- Remanufactured differentials are inspected for correct backlash clearance to assure proper gear lubrication for reduced noise and to avoid overheating, especially in severe-duty applications.
- Tooth contact pattern is inspected and adjusted to utilize the full structure of the gear for minimum gear noise and reduced fatigue.
- Bearing bores on semi-float differentials are inspected for correct dimensional tolerances. Bores can become distorted from wear and if the bearing race has spun in the bore. Bores that are found to be out of round are machined and sleeved to original dimensions.
- Electric and air lockers for Jeep differentials are installed if your application is so equipped.
During the remanufacturing process, JASPER® has the ability to remanufacture axle ends on full-float applications up to 1 ½ ton. OE spindle end specifications are met through a comprehensive welding process and/or replacement on full-float differentials.
4-Wheel Drive | All-Wheel Drive Front JASPER® Differentials
Our JASPER® partner also offers a complete line of front differentials for four-wheel drive and all-wheel drive applications. During the JASPER® remanufacturing process they take the time to do the following, which our technicians here at KC's Auto Repair find exceptionally impressive:
- Bearings are preloaded to OEM specifications which provide for longer bearing life along with the unit’s smooth operation and its proper break-in.
- Differentials are inspected for correct backlash clearance. This inspection is performed to assure proper gear lubrication for reduced noise and to avoid overheating, especially important in severe-duty applications.
- The tooth contact pattern is inspected and adjusted to utilize the full structure of the gear. This procedure assures minimum gear noise and reduced gear fatigue.
- Loctite® is applied to the bearing races in order to provide maximum securement.
- JASPER® remanufactured Jeep Differentials include electric or air lockers if your application is so equipped.
We can also off 4WD and AWD Actuator assemblies with our JASPER® Engines & Transmissions partner. If you are looking for a solution that will provide value and peace of mind for your vehicle then talk to our team here about the JASPER® Engines & Transmission options. We can get you the information you need and see which solution fits your unique needs best.
© All Page Content. JASPER Websites Program by CMR Inc. Do Not Duplicate.